Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A new coat-inspired catwalk-to-sidewalk iMix


As I walked home last night from work, my first enshrouded in The Precious pictured above, I realized I hadn't a single selection in my cache of 22 iMixes befitting such a special, such an inaugural occasion.

Of my existing compilations, one was too workout-y, another too maudlin, 11 others way too maudlin, and the rest, well, either too Britney or too Amy focused.

When I wear my new Hanii Y, I want to feel strong and lovely, maybe even a little coquettish -- certainly not anything reminiscent of bloody spousal fighting, poop-filled pool areas and two pregnancies in two years.

Never one to just "deal," after the dog-walk and just before Brian's sad but justified dismissal from "The Biggest Loser," I sat down Indian-style on the beige wall-to-wall and carefully pieced together the perfect six-song serenade to the new thick-waled, decorative-buttoned love in my life.

And I think I did good. Real good.

If this morning's reaction was any indication - I swear, I could feel her I-can't-stop-thinking-about-you-in-me-edness pulsating in major chorded colors all around my body - I think I chose wisely.

Please to enjoy the following with whatever new purchase (or old favorite) holds a special place in your heart:

"Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac


"Feeling Good" by Nina Simone


"Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison


"Heaven on Earth" by Belinda Carlisle


"Crush" by Jennifer Paige


and one I haven't listened to in years...

"Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service


And because it really is the little things that make me smile, here is a close-up of the oversized buttons on my loverly Hanii Y:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...