Friday, November 23, 2007

Keep those spending fingers warm!

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but here in mid-Michigan it is so cold (think low-20s) that on this day, the biggest shopping-a-polooza of the year, your spendaholic author is firmly planted indoors, inches away from one fireplace, feet away from another, bedecked in three layers of double-ply fleece, two long-sleeve t-shirts, size-L sweatpants, and though it's pushing the Christmas season a bit, her adult-size, red and white snowflake-emblazoned turtleneck onesie.

74 degrees may seem to most who live in this tundra a reasonable temperature at which to set one's thermostat, but to a girl who's used to walking her dog in booty shorts and flip-flops at 2am in mid-November and whose own abode usually hovers around jungle in July climate, the baby and I might as well have set foot in f**king Antarctica.

So, in the spirit of constant complaining to my eye-rolling parents about my preciousness' and my near-frostbitten extremities, I thought I'd take the time to put together a selection of fashion-over-function dress gloves.

And for those of you who, like myself, decided to purchase a 3/4-length sleeved Winter coat, I went out of my way to reward your impracticality with several up-to-and-over-the-elbow styles as well.

Enjoy.
Leather button dress gloves by Jil Sander
($185 at yoox.com)
Super long leather gloves by Top Shop
£35 at topshop.com
Suede shorty gloves by Carolina Amato
Ladylike gloves by Urban Outfitters
Elongated wool gloves by Hoss Intropia
Dotted line gloves*
Long leather gloves by Banana Republic
Leather bow gloves by J. Crew
($69.99 at jcrew.com)
Cashmere mittens by Merona
($19.99 at target.com)
Knit detail cashmere gloves by Kashmere
($36 at bluefly.com)
Leather long gloves by Portolano
($57 at bluefly.com)
Long cashmere gloves by Portolano*
($105 at saks.com)

*your editrix's top picks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...