Thursday, December 6, 2007

I win, you win and the chess players win, too.

"You are setting a very high and in my opinion, UNHEALTHY standard for women not just in DC but everywhere to always wear the highest, skinniest, most expensive heels. A woman can be beautiful in all kinds of shoes, not just the ones YOU approve of. I don't know you, but I don't believe that on a day like today you're wearing the shoes you're always claiming to wear. I'm sure you'll tell everyone you are, but I demand proof, and if you are in fact wearing heels, I hope you slip on your bony butt."

Um, okay.

First, please to explain how my encouraging women to respect their lovely clothes by wearing heels instead of traditional commuter shoes is "unhealthy."

Second, you got your wish (times two) last night when I bit it hard in front of both the NEA at 16th/M and the U.S. Chess Federation at 15th/M. It will probably improve your mood to know that I had a throng of socially-challenged - come on, when you know you just know - boys and girls laughing behind their hands at my misfortune. Justified payback, I suppose, for all the Mean Girls sh*t in which I engaged at the expense of their Kinawa Middle School equivalents back in the early-'90s.

And third, here's your "proof" -- damn you for catching me in jeans* on a Thursday!

*our office dress-code is such that we could wear jeans five days a week if we so desired, so today, because my sole pair of trousers is undergoing surgery after a vicious cuff-rip and all my tights are awaiting tonight's wash, I had no choice but to reach for the denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...