Thursday, December 6, 2007

The perfect pair of goes-with-everything party shoes

As I said in the introductory post, I'm a shoe girl but not a shoe shoe girl. If I were to somehow come across $1,000 in a dark corner of my bank account, you better believe it would go toward this and this, not the delicious Zanottis or Louboutins I've posted below and at right, respectively.

While I love and can appreciate others' evening shoes, for me, the strategy has always been to invest in one simple, unique and versatile pair that can take me from black dress number one all the way through black dress number seven.

You've seen my go-to shoes - they're lovely, yes, but they're also lonely, sitting on the top shelf of my shoe rack with nary another cocktail-party-apropos pair in sight.

But don't feel too much pity for them...in fact, they're coming off the bench for an event this evening, and all of us - my dress, my shoes, my new Shu Uemura's, my black coral and yellow gold Indonesian serpent bangle - are doing everything we can not to look at the clock every five minutes.

For shoe likers and lovers alike, please to enjoy.

'Pretty' peep-toe by Luichiny
($69.99 at heels.com)Ribbon pump by Oh Deer!
($124.99 at heels.com)'Modhi' peep-toe by Guillaume Hinfray*
($240 at barneys.com)
'Whit' pump by Betsey Johnson
'Ettora' pump by Nina
($49.99 at lordandtaylor.com)
Grosgrain sandal with rosette by Marc by Marc Jacobs
($445 at shopbop.com)
'Magnify' pump by Enzo Angiolini
($88.95 at nordstrom.com)
L230 pump by Pura Lopez*
($310 at nordstrom.com)
'Jojus' D'orsay by Nine West
($55.90 at amazon.com)

Velvet peep-toes by Luciano Padovan
($365 at intermixonline.com)
Bejeweled peep-toe by Giuseppi Zanotti*
($628.95 at couture.zappos.com)
'Delicious' sandal by Stuart Weitzman
($193 at couture.zappos.com)

*your Editrix's top picks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...